These little guys are ideal for an appetizer or any-time snack or, as seen here, paired with a side salad for a light lunch.
- Puff pastry
- Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Feta (cubed)
- Cheddar (grated)
- Defrost and roll out some puff pastry with a rolling pin.
- Choose a cookie cutter and cut out rounds in the puff pastry (I used the lid of a jar of instant coffee to do this).
- Place the rounds onto a greased baking tray.
- Take a butter knife and cut an inner circle into each pastry round (try not to cut all the way through to the baking tray though).
- On the inside of the circle liberally smear some basil pesto.
- On top of that layer some halved cherry tomatoes.
- On top of that layer a chunk or two of feta cheese.
- On top of that layer some grated cheddar.
Place in the oven at 180 degrees celsius until the outer crust of pastry is golden brown.
* Pictured above is a very plain side salad of rocket, cherry tomatoes and feta.