Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First of June

Today is the 1st of June.

The 1st of June is a special day for two reasons. The first reason is that it is boyfriend and my 2nd anniversary of dating and the second reason is that it is the first day of the best month of the year. My birthday month! And that means CAKE! Yay! I reckon it's an accepted truth that as children we love birthdays but as time goes on we start to hate birthdays because they remind us that we're getting older and a little less pretty and all of that. I'm not sure if the hatred of birthdays is meant to have set in by mid-twenties but I can safely say that I still LOVE my birthday... even though my family totally forgot it last year.

"The day after my birthday is not my birthday mum" Jemaine, Flight of the Conchords.

Happy First of June everyone!!


picture via graphics fairy

No comments: