Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hemingway's, Davenport Road, Durban

My parent's and I stopped at Hemingway's for a quick meal.

We decided to order from the tapas menu: fried line fish, grilled calamari, ostrich carpaccio, baked goats cheese, and some chips.

Ultimate win!

The fish and chips were pretty good. The ostrich was scrumptious, served with avo and rocket - I didn't want the dish to end. The calamari was equally impressive - tender and tasty. And as for the goats cheese, OH the goats cheese! Simply sublime. Crispy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside. I could eat that baked goats cheese everyday for the rest of my life and I would not tire of its taste and texture.
This place is gorgeous, it has a sophisticated charm without being at all pretentious.
The waitresses are friendly and helpful without being over-bearing.
 
The prices are a smidge higher than average, but most definitely worth it.
Another thing is that the mojito's are REALLY good, my only complaint is the tiny tumbler it was served in meant that I had to order two, and it kinda left me feeling that the cocktail was overpriced. 
Completely Cooked Rating: 8/10

2 comments:

Shea Goldstein said...

There is a Hemingway's in Turks and Caicos that is amazing! Love your blog :)

Candice said...

Thanks Shea :)